Thursday, August 05, 2010

Guess what?

Can you guess what these are?



They are boxes FULL of Emma's school supplies, books, curriculum, experiment tools, and more.  That's right, we're HOMESCHOOLING this year!




The supplies arrived yesterday, and we couldn't be more excited.  I'll go more into how we arrived at this decision later. 

For now, I am focusing on more important things.

Can you guess what that would be?  (No, dad, I'm not picking out my next Coach bag.)

Decorating the school room, of course!

In case you don't recall, here is what the play room/office/new schoolroom looked like before (minus a few changes, like the bookshelf is in the toy closet, the train table is against the wall, and we added an activity/drawing table).

I am going for BIG changes for the room, and am really excited.  Stay tuned, as I will be giving little sneak peeks along the way!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Shana, that looks SO familiar!! We have been getting lots of boxes JUST LIKE THAT. :) This is our 5th year with K12, though, so it's not QUITE so exciting when the boxes come. Best wishes to you in your new adventure!!
Rachel in Idaho

Anonymous said...

You will be an awesome teacher. And you will learn too. In a word...PATIENCE...it wasn't one of my strong suits, you may recall. But I know you will do better.

Emma, you have an awesome teacher!

Have fun in school.

Grandpa Jim

Pure Mod Life said...

so excited for you, def something you'll never regret no matter how long you keep doing it. looks like your doing K12? we are doing that with Linz & Abeka with Gideon, both are my fav depending on age. Yay, so excited for you & know Emma is so blessed.