Thursday, May 26, 2011

Whoops - I'm back!

Whoa, didn't mean to take such a long break from blogging.  I've been both slowly adjusting back to life at home, and also frantically trying to get caught up on things.

My sister in law was still here for the first two days we were home.  I was so appreciative, as I was kind of stuck in a I-finally-have-my-baby-home-and-tube-free bliss.  I had so much fun walking all over the house while holding Braxton.  Still am.

Now I'm back to reality.  Yesterday Emma and I counted how many lessons she had of school left.  Then we looked at the calendar.  10 school days.  137 lessons.  Do the math.

Braxton is finally doing really well.  Towards the end of last week his weight was down to just under 7 pounds.  That was very concerning, as that was only 5.5 ounces gained since birth.  But given the rough start he had, it wasn't too surprising.  We had been exclusively breastfeeding since coming home from the hospital last Monday.  So we added some small bottle feedings after some of his breastfeeding.  By Monday this week he was up to 7 pounds, 5 ounces, and today he is 7 pounds, 7 ounces.  We are finally on the right track.  Woo hoo!

Oh, one more thing.  Last week I decided that I would join my sister in law and Brian in training for a half marathon, that we plan on running in July.  Keep in mind I am still ramping up to get back to where I was before getting pregnant.  I had only just barely gotten my distances up to just over 3 miles when I decided to do this half marathon training.  I was supposed to do 6 miles on Saturday, but ended up only doing 4.1.  I consoled myself by saying it was a mile further than I'd done so far.  But the nasty chafing from shorts that used to fit me, definitely made me stop.  And also I wanted to die.  Right now I am off to do a 4 mile tempo run.  Wish me luck!

No comments: