Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Belly watch

It's 11:00 PM and I just saw Braxton's doctor for the first time today. Things have been moving with the colostomy bag today...it's needed to be emptied a few times. So I was thinking that we would be able to get Braxton eating again soon. But the Doctor is more concerned with seeing Braxton's belly distention go down first. So tomorrow we will get a central line started so Braxton can start getting IV nutrition. In the words of the doc, we are "taking things slow, one day at a time".

Emma hung out at the hospital with me for most of the day today, which was fun. We did school, she watched a movie, we orderd room service, and she played in the awesome play room. She is going to be with me most of tomorrow, too. I think the weather is supposed to be nice so maybe we will slip away and walk around downtown for a bit.

I am wasted. IV alarms went off all night last night. Here's hoping I get a little more rest tonight. :)





*written from my ipad. Spelling and punctuation cannot be guaranteed. Good night.

1 comment:

JB said...

been thinking bout you! laughed at your military training within ur hospital room yesterday. your are amazing. keep it up!!