Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Quick pause

Let me hit the "pause" button here for a second, and catch my breath.

We got home Sunday night from our vacation in Chelan. We really had a wonderful time relaxing, swimming, boating, training, etc. All four of my kids are officially "tubers"! :)

Training is going really well. I didn't do much swimming while in Chelan, other than messing around in my dad's old triathlon wetsuit. I did get a couple good runs and bike rides in, and it was so cool being on the actual "course" that the triathlon will be on. I could just envision it.

Biniam is headed off to church camp tomorrow. He also started his summer tutoring today. He also has high school soccer practice starting up any day now.

Brian and I are heading on a "couples" getaway this weekend and I can't wait! The last time we got away without kids was when we just had Emma. Things have changed a bit since then!

We got curbing installed in our yard today. Call me a nerd, but I am so excited! No more bark blowing into the grass, or grass creeping into the beds.

Now I'm back to laundry, cleaning, working, and everything else I'm supposed to be doing. Life is good!



2 comments:

shell said...

i love that first picture of y'all in the hot tub! SO sweet!!! glad you guys got some time away!

naphtali said...

Sounds like and awesome trip! Am I understanding right, though? Are you doing a triatholon? My friend is doing (and has done one) in Chelan! How amazing for you!