Tuesday, June 05, 2007

He Knows! (Updated)

We received official word today that Benjamin has received his welcome bag. In the picture we received he doesn't exactly look to be jumping out of his skin with excitement. However, in a lot of the pictures we've seen of him, he has been somewhat reserved. So, I'm not taking it personally, and also trying to remember how overwhelming it must be to find out you have a new family, especially after waiting over two years for one. I can't even imagine the despair he must have felt at times, wondering if he would ever have a family again. I can't wait to get Benjamin home and give him the love and security he deserves.



Update: I just got a message from Merrily, our agency director, who shared this about Benjamin's response. "He was quietly excited about the gift bag. But today he was beaming!"

9 comments:

Owlhaven said...

yeah!!!!!!!

Renee said...

Yippee!!! I am so happy for you and for him!!!

Love,
Renee

Anonymous said...

I wonder if we could possibly be traveling around the same time. My dossier is in Addis and I'm waiting for group assignment.
Sandra,
waiting for Mesfin(12yrs) and Legesse(10yrs)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!
Such exciting times for your family.
Rachel

5KidMom said...

I like the idea of "beaming". Wonderful!!

Bingaling said...

Congrats Shana! It is so exciting that you are adopting an older child...What a wonderful gift it must have been for him to get his Welcome Bag! So glad to hear that he was beaming the next day! Hope you get a court assignment and travel soon!
Chanda

shell said...

he is so handsome! how excited you must be!
send me your email so i can send you the link to our pictures! it is a great organization and did a great job! mlwalatka at hotmail.com

Brianna Heldt said...

he is so handsome!!! and i love his ethiopian name :)

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful. Beaming is the best thing ever! So happy for all of you!bnkhn