Thursday, June 07, 2007

And baby makes six!

It's official! A licensed professional has confirmed there is a baby inside me. This is a relief to anyone around me who might have thought my state of moody-ness might have been permanent.

We were relieved to see a strong heartbeat, and normal 7-week gestational growth. I have to admit I was pretty nervous before the doctor came in to do the ultra sound, given the negative report we received last time I was pregnant. Thankfully Brian was there with me to pray and help calm my nerves. And even more thankfully, everything looks perfect!

I should mention a quick story that happened to me on Sunday at church. A woman I know on a face-recognition basis only came up to me and told me the Lord had told her something. She said He had told her that I would have a baby, and it would be healthy and strong. I started crying when she said this, and I said "did you know I am pregnant?" She had no idea.

6 comments:

Owlhaven said...

Congrats, Shana!!

Mary

Anonymous said...

Great news!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! I'm so happy for you. I had a dream that you were having twins..... [:-)

Rachel

Anonymous said...

Rachel,

I kept telling Shana that I thought we were as well but the Dr says no... :-(. Shana is happy though.

Shana's hubby.

Daisy said...

Sniff. Lump in throat. Congratulations! You have a wonderful and growing family.

Mommy said...

I am amazed. We traveled to Ethiopia at the same time, although we never crossed paths. I've been too busy to read many blogs with my kids, and here you are, bringing home another and growing a baby. Wow. Congratulations.