Friday, October 13, 2006

Project: Nursery

This week we got the "bug" to get going on finishing the nursery. We already had all the furniture we need, as well as the bedding, so decorating is pretty much all we need to do. You may remember that a few months ago I found some crib bedding that I liked. So in keeping with that theme, I have picked up a few things this week that will compliment the bedding well.

First off, I found a chandelier that will look great in the room. It is black, with crystals, which will hopefully add a bit of a feminine touch to the somewhat unisex room. For the wall color, we decided on a camel-tan color for the base, then a metallic-gold that we will sponge over the top. And today, I purchased 9 1/2 yards of cream-colored dupioni silk that I will make floor-length panels out of for the window.

Another project I am working on, is refinishing an old, wooden rocking horse I got a couple years ago at a garage sale. So far I have taken it apart, sanded it down, stained it, and ripped it's "hair" out. Now all I need to do is put it back together and add new hair. I chose a black stain, which will compliment some of the other black accents in the room.

Here are a couple pictures of how the room looked last night, before we got started on everything.

















































I will continue to post pictures as we make progress. Hopefully we will have the majority done by the end of this weekend.

No comments:

There was an error in this gadget