Saturday, February 18, 2006

No more bed rails

The bed rails we had purchased for Emma's bed had holes in the netting, which we discovered after we had installed them. Today we took them back to the store, and decided not to get replacements for them. Instead, we put pillows around Emma's bed and tucked her in extra tight tonight. She doesn't seem to move around as much in her bed as she did in her crib, so I'm not too worried about her. But I'll probably check on her a couple extra times tonight...

I made my first "baby" purchase today; I bought a new diaper bag. I was actually looking for a purse to take to Ethiopia - something large and tan-colored. I stumbled across a designer diaper bag (for cheap at TJ Maxx) that fit the bill; plus it came with lots of extras like a changing pad, bottle insulator, baby blanket, and even three little onesies. It was really just a simple purchase, but it has flooded me with joy and the feeling of really being an "expectant mother".

Speaking of purchases, also at TJ Maxx I purchased the most adorable skirt and sweater outfit for Emma with pretty spring colors. Next to it was a dress in a smaller size that complimented it so well. I can't tell you how close I was to buying the smaller dress for our "new daughter". I could just picture our two girls in their complimenting outfits, looking so pretty for pictures. Okay...I might be jumping the gun just a little. We don't even know if we're getting a girl - or how big she'll be, for that matter. But it was sure hard not buying that dress.

No comments: