Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Pre-Thanksgiving Frenzy

Oh my word, I'm the worst blogger ever lately.

This week is utterly crazy.  Brian is in Singapore.  I am heading out of town on Friday with all the kids to attend my Grandfather's funeral.  Brian is flying straight from Singapore to meet us there.  Then we are continuing on with our already-planned Thanksgiving vacation.  Meanwhile, this week, while Brian's gone, I get to do the usual "single-parenting" stuff, plus homeschooling stuff.  But I also get to prepare for these trips.  That means I have to go shopping to find wedding clothes (for a wedding we're attending on our vacation).  I have to go Christmas shopping for everyone who lives out of town that we will be seeing next week.  I have to make said Christmas gifts (why, oh why, don't I just buy pre-made gifts?).  I have to drop off all the Thanksgiving food we're donating before we leave.  I have to take Emma to choir, and help her rehearse for her solo audition.  I have to plan and shop for our own  Thanksgiving food contributions.  And the list goes on.

Mercy!

Honestly, I love this time of year and I love being busy with fun things like this.  I just hope I can get it all done!

No comments: