Wednesday, June 09, 2010

School's Out!

School's out for the summer!  Suddenly I feel ill-prepared to entertain four kids every day.  What are we going to do?

I'm thinking that I want to come up with a loose schedule to help keep us entertained without going too crazy.  Plus if we know what's coming up ahead of time, it gives us a chance to get excited. 

We are going to do a couple "big-ticket" events this summer, like going to the water park and the local speedway.  But other than that I want to keep things budget-friendly. 

Here are a few ideas I have so far:

trips to the zoo (we already have a season's pass)
pool days (in our subdivision pool)
park days with friends
outdoor movie night at the park (put on by our city)
local parades
berry picking

What about you?  What are your plans to keep your kids entertained this summer?  I'd love to hear your ideas!

2 comments:

Todd said...

Whatever you end up planning please please use a spreadsheet ;)

Kathy said...

My kids always loved trips to the library, even though we had so many books at home they loved to go to the library. Take your time let them explore and it's air conditioned so it's nice and cool and it's free.