Friday, June 18, 2010

Homemade Flour Tortillas

Last week I noticed we were low on flour tortillas.  Tortillas are a staple in our house.  I make quesadillas for lunch probably 3 times a week.  Plus we make burritos, enchiladas, and open-face Mexican "pizzas" quite often.  So it makes sense that I had "tortillas" written on my Costco list last week. 

Yet when I went shopping I decided not to buy the large package of must-haves.  I'd been wanting to try to make flour tortillas of my own, and figured now was as good as any time. 

So I hopped on to one of my favorite recipe sites, Tasty Kitchen, and found a recipe that sounded easy enough.  Ironically, only today did I realize that the recipe was entered by Ree herself. 

Anyway, below are pictures of my first-ever homemade flour tortilla adventure.  I have to say, it was easy, fun, and a success.  The tortillas not only taste fantastic, but I know EXACTLY what is in them!  And do I even have to mention how happy I am about the cost savings?  Didn't think so!














1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My goodness woman! You are awesome..
Love mom
xoxo