Friday, March 19, 2010

Ski Vacation!

So I'm a little late here, but remember how I mentioned we took a vacation up to the mountains over the New Year's holiday?  You do?  Good. 

Well, I thought that since my computer is working properly again, I would allow you all to get off the edge of the seat you've been on while waiting for me to post pictures.  So sit back, relax, grab a drink and enjoy.


First, some pictures inside the house.  It was a.ma.zing.  Here is the master bathroom.


Another one of the master bathroom.  This is when we had 5 or 6 people in the shower.  Don't ask.  You can, however, ask yourself "how many times does she think she can get away with showing off Noah's buns?'


Here is a shot looking down from the office/loft.  Look closely at the coffee table in the middle of the room, and you will notice there is a large, flat-screen tv coming out of it.  Yep.  And when you're done watching tv you can just use the remote to lower the tv back into the table.  And all this time I thought tv's had to go in cabinets or on the wall.  I was so, so wrong.


Here is a shot of the kitchen.  If kitchens could obtain marriage licenses I would be first in line at the courthouse.  I am sad to say that I did not get a close-up of the stove.  But above the stove is a beautiful faucet on a movable arm.  I loved it so much that every time I filled a pot with it I called out and made someone watch me.


Now this I did get a picture of.  This is the prep sink in the middle of the island.  You can stand on either side of the island, wash your vegetables, chop them right on the granite, then slide your discards right into the trough sink and down the disposal.  I cried when I had to leave this sink. 


Moving on to other things now, we have a picture of me and Brian getting ready to play our new wii.  I don't know why, but this picture cracks me up.  Okay...moving on again...


Did I mention this house had a huge hot tub?  Now, lest you think we were spoiled on this vacation, let me assure you that the outdoor fireplace next to the hot tub wasn't hooked up yet.  So we were definitely roughing it. 


See how flush she is?  Poor baby is working so hard.


And see how he isn't having any fun at all?


It was hard not to want to just stay in the house all day, but we did make it out a few times.  Here we are ice skating.  That's me, Isaiah, and the nanny we brought along.


Back at the house I decided I'd better be a good Mom and go check on things outside.  Pay no attention to what I am wearing.  I had a date with the hot tub, man!


Here I am, very much enjoying my date with myself. 


Even better, the sledders moved to the hill right above the hot tub.  So I got a front-row seat and didn't even have to get wet - er, cold.  Don't all good Moms wear a bikini while watching their babies sled? 


And lastly, this was the scene at the bottom of the hill, right before crashing into the hot tub.  I don't know what it is, but poor Brian can't wear anything on his head without looking like an SNL Conehead skit. 

1 comment:

Brown Birdy said...

What a great post! Wow amazing place! Was this a time share or is there a way for others to vacay here? (AHH We NEED a vacation!-haven't been anywhere since March 2008!). Oh and that pic of you w the boots and robe? Uh...It's adorable.