Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A little secret

Here's a little secret.  Brian and I are pretty sure we're going to home school Emma next year (1st grade).  There.  I said it!

The only reason I say "pretty sure" is that our plan to get Emma on-board with the idea didn't go so well.  I'm not sure where we went wrong.  I mean we took her out for frozen yogurt, told her how fun home schooling is, what kind of things she could learn if she wanted, like art classes, cooking classes, music classes.......blank stares.  We even pulled out some of the big guns, like promising ice-skating lessons.  She didn't crack. 

So we're moving on, dropping little seeds here and there, hoping that they will begin to germinate and she will eventually come around. 

In the mean time, I've been daydreaming about how to set up our "school room".  Here is some fun home school eye candy.




I love the colors in this one. 



What a great space for some upper-grade students to work independently.  Clean, organized, and clutter-free.


Love this.  Makes me want to rush down to the art store right now.



Fun colors and practical organization.  Love it.


What a great space for the littlest learners.



I like the way this looks masculine, yet not overly grown-up.



Don't forget about incorporating play time into your centers.




Love, love this.  How could you not be creative with a desk like this?


(Photos all found via Flickr)

No comments: