Tuesday, January 08, 2008

How to kill time when you're ready to have a baby

It has been blizzard-like conditions all day today, and I couldn't be happier. Have I mentioned that I love the snow? Emma and Biniam have been out with the neighbor kids for the past 1 1/2 hours building forts and snowmen in the field (actually a dried-out pond) behind our house. I love that they can feel like they are out on their "own" off our property, but that I can still keep an eye on them from our upstairs windows. We have a good six or so inches, and it's still coming down hard.
I took Emma to ballet today, but that is the only errand I assigned myself to run. Brian is at Costco right now, then tomorrow he will stop at WalMart for our last stock-up on groceries. I am trying to find a balance between stocking up on food so we don't have to run out after we get home from the hospital, but not buying too much that it will go to waste.

I am ready for this baby, and for the most part so is my house. Minus the giant, undecorated Christmas tree that still sits in my living room. Brian promises to take it to the garage tonight even though the storage bag we ordered for it won't arrive for a few more days. Brian also promises to sift through the giant pile of mail that sits in our living room. Have I mentioned that our living room is also our office? And play room? Yeah, I spend a lot of time dreaming about a new house.

I am down to doing mini loads of laundry - mostly out of boredom. Also because I keep finding little things for the baby that I want to have clean, so I throw in a small load. Today I found the cute little hat I ordered from Hanna Anderson and decided I might want to take it to the hospital, so in went another load.

So we are pre-registered at the hospital, our bags are packed, the kid's bags are packed, the bassinet has sheets, the camera has batteries (or it will as soon as Brian gets home) so it seems like everything is in order. Bring on Baby!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Shana, I can't wait to see your little guy in your arms! I hope the liveblogging works out -- how exciting! You're in my thoughts.

Maybe today you could vacuum the refrigerator...;)

Anonymous said...

I love the play by play Shana. Thank you for sharing all of this with us.

Brianna Heldt said...

so, so exciting, i'm going to be checking your blog tomorrow and praying for a safe, speedy delivery.

and you are so organized, that's awesome!

Jill said...

Awesome...happy pushing :)

Anonymous said...

I will be thinking about you tomorrow and praying. :)
Tracy