Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Blessed

I was given a baby shower tonight by some friends, which was very special. The setting was at church, but it was very intimate and elegant (black linens, candles, yummy desserts). I feel so blessed to have friends that wouldn't let me NOT have a shower, even though this is my fourth child.

As Emma and I walked into the building I could see my Mom walking around with a little blonde toddler. I stopped as I processed in my mind who the little boy was...he was very familiar, but not one of my friend's kids or someone I see on a regular basis...then it hit me - I was looking at my Nephew! From Seattle! Then around the corner came my sister-in-law, and then my step-Mom! They flew from Seattle for one day, just to be with me for my shower. What a surprise!

I am so blessed to have such wonderful family and friends. Thanks everyone!

No comments: