Thursday, October 19, 2006

Taking Action

Well, I decided to actually DO something, and I went and applied for my passport. I paid the extra money to have it expedited, which means I should have it in-hand by November 3, at the latest. I am kicking myself now for not taking care of this sooner.

I spoke with our pediatrician, who told me that based on the possible diagnosis of the doctors in Ethiopia, Meskerem has a serious blood infection. That is, of course, if they DO diagnose her with what they are suspecting. If that is the case, she will need to get on IV antibiotics immediately, and likely stay on them for weeks. The key is to find out what type of infection she has, and where it started, so they can effectively treat. From what I understand, early detection, and accurate treatment are key. I am not even going to discuss some of the disturbing numbers and facts I found today. I am only believing healing.

With that, I am really looking into going to see her soon. Like as soon as I have my passport. Some minor miracles would need to occur; like the finances for making an extra trip to the other side of the world, and comfortable childcare for Emma while I am away. I don't know how all this will come together, but I just can't bear having my daughter in the hospital for so long without me there.

3 comments:

5KidMom said...

This is tough stuff! Still praying!!!!!

Anne said...

Shana, you know that we're leaving on November 4th, and we'll do whatever we can to help -- please email me if you can think of anything we can do here before we go, or in Addis. I hope to see you there and we're sending the best healing thoughts to baby Meskerem and lots of hugs and support to you and your family.

owlhaven said...

praying!

There was an error in this gadget