We just received word that Meskerem's condition is worsening. After showing improvement from the lactose-free milk for a couple of days, she started vomiting frequently and has decreased her feeding. The doctors are considering a couple different diagnosis, which I know nothing about. I have a call in to our local pediatrician to see if he can help explain what any of this means.
I am unbelievably unsettled right now. I am pacing around not sure what to do. I "googled" one of the possible diagnosis, and I couldn't understand most of what I found, and the part I could understand I didn't like. I feel like a mother hen who has lost one of her little chicks, and is frantically scurrying about, searching for her young. I don't know what to do right now, besides pray. But I can't even settle down enough to do that. I feel like I need to do something. Like go down to the US Department of State and get an expedited passport. And buy a ticket to Addis for next week. I can't help but feel like if I was just there, holding and loving our baby, she would get better.