Thursday, July 20, 2006

Tiny Dancer

Emma has reached that pinnacle in her life that all little girls dream of...being a ballerina. My little girl has started ballet lessons!

As I was driving Emma to her class today, my mind started to wander. I couldn't believe my little girl is old enough to be taking dance lessons (or that I am old enough to have a little girl old enough...). I actually remember being about her age, getting dressed in my poofy tutu, and prancing around - chubby rolls and all - learning to do things like point my toes and do somersaults (not sure what those have to do with ballet, but whatever).

Emma was so excited today to get dressed in all her "gear": tights, leotard, skirt and shoes. She could hardly wait to start dancing. Then came lesson time, and almost all Emma could do was gawk in awe at the other girls, while not moving any of her own muscles. Emma seemingly even lost control of her tongue, as it spent most of the lesson hanging halfway down her chin. She was still cute though. And the teacher started grabbing Emma's hand and taking her along on the demonstrations, which Emma enjoyed. And she did master walking on her tip toes.

Here is my little ballerina:

3 comments:

owlhaven said...

How fun!!

Have you talked to Rachel today??
Mary

Brianna Heldt said...

SOOOOOOOO cute!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! She is so cute.