Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The Latest Update...

I was very grateful for the long holiday weekend. It gave Brian and I lots of time to pray, read and discuss this idea about adopting these siblings. It was a pretty emotional weekend too. At one point, I thought Brian's heart was closing to this situation, which broke my heart. I didn't want Brian to know that my heart was breaking (although it was pretty hard to hide) because the last thing I wanted was to guilt or pressure him into this. Besides, I still wasn't even sure if I was sure about this.

Anyway, we kept the lines of communication open and by the end of the weekend, we both felt like we should move forward with the next step. I still don't know if this is what God has in store for us, but at least our hearts are open to it.

I talked with our social worker today, who will need to update our home study. She brought up some valid concerns, but they were things that Brian and I are already aware of and trying to become educated in. She gave me some reading assignments, which hopefully we can get done over the next week. I am going to swing by the library tomorrow and see what I can find. The good news is that our social worker didn't say "no way" - she just wants to inform and educate us, and help us make the best decision for our family.

SO, the next step is to get more information on these kids from our agency. I do know their names, and that the girl is around 7 and the boy is around 1 month. I also have a picture of the girl. I am not going to share that information yet, because I am trying to not get emotionally attached too soon. I already know that the other sibling set we would have considered is not medically a fit for us, and of course there is that chance with this set as well.

Please, please be praying for us during this time. We need God's wisdom, peace, patience, and mostly His covering over our family.

3 comments:

owlhaven said...

Praying....

Mary

Brianna Heldt said...

I'll be praying Shana. Praise God for your social worker--she sounds wonderful.

It is so neat to see God working in your lives. You guys seriously inspire/challenge me!

Anonymous said...

Your are Nice. And so is your site! Maybe you need some more pictures. Will return in the near future.
»