Friday, March 17, 2006

I did it

Whew! After a comedy of errors, I finally got our I-600A form submitted at the USCIS office, and I even got my fingerprints done right away, too!

I am thoroughly worn out, and feel like I have been running all over today. After first going to the wrong building, then setting off the "beeper" at the metal detector, then waiting for my number and talking to the man in the window, I learned that I needed to have a CASHIERS CHECK to pay the $685 fee, even though the website said "check"! So, back to the car we went and up and down the street until we found a WAMU. After getting the cashiers check and going back through the metal detector (we set it off again, but the guard didn't care this time), I successfully submitted - and paid - for our application. I was told that I needed to sit down again and wait for my name to be called at the "fingerprinting" door. I was happy to be getting this done the same day so I wouldn't have to make a second trip, plus Emma was happy that she would get to play with the cool toys there a little longer. When they called my name and asked me to step behind the door, they told me Emma could come but that she needed to sit still (these people have way too much power). Of course I was horrified when Emma followed me in and I got a whiff of a very ripe diaper. And to top it off we were in very tight quarters. Oh well, perhaps the smell caused them to move a little faster. And for that I am grateful.

2 comments:

owlhaven said...

Great job!!! Did hubby get his prints too?

Mary

Shana said...

Hubby is getting his prints today. Hopefully he didn't harm his prints with all the housework he did this weekend (I'm a lucky gal).