Thursday, August 20, 2009

Redfish Lake 2009

Oh me. Oh my. We just got back from The. Most. Awesome. camping trip. Seriously, I don't know where to start.


Okay, location. We went to Redfish Lake, just outside of Stanley, Idaho. A friend recently described it as "God's Country up there". So true. Pristine lake. Tall trees. Majestic Sawtooth Mountains. Creeks, rivers, hiking, deer, fox, beach, boats, horses, fishing...there is an endless supply of things to do and see. This is definitely in my Top Three (if not number one) most beautiful places I've ever been.


The people. With only two-days notice, my brother, sister-in-law, and their kids made the 10-hour drive to our house so they could go camping with us. Awesome.


Ah, sweet L. If you have a camera, he WILL find you!


Their kids get along great with our kids - especially their daughter and Emma, who are only a few months apart in age. The girls basically consider themselves "twins".




It was so fun having them all there with us. Plus one of the highlights was both my Niece and Nephew learning to ride two-wheeler bikes!


The stuff. I seriously don't know how we did it, but we got 11 people plus all our gear in just two minivans - no cargo boxes or trailers to help out. Our van alone had two bikes on top, three on the back, one inside, plus the tent, sleeping bags, air mattresses, coolers, blankets, suitcases, shade tent, tarp, lanterns, rubber raft, pots, pans, fishing poles, life jackets, etc. It was impressive. (Shout out to the awesome Honda Odyssey.)

Here's my Hot Husband doing the dishes.

Here's Biniam eating a HAMBURGER. Those of you who know him know this is HUGE.

Here I am, teaching Isaiah how to roast a marshmallow. "First, make sure you are wearing your helmet."

And here's Emma attempting to catch us dinner. We went hungry that day.

Our campsite was Awesome. Have I used that word yet? The kids could explore the woods right in our "back yard".

"I'm just going over here, Mom. Don't worry, I'll be safe. I brought my milk."

"Whoa! MOM! Did you SEE that chick-munk?"


We went for a hike which was of course limited by the Littles. But they did great and we all made it to a look-out point where we had a beautiful view looking down on the lake.
Emma was our official Guide as she brought along a pamphlet. Always prepared, that girl.

Here is our family picture. This could show up in a Christmas letter, so act surprised.
And here is me, in my Camping Face. Not a lot of people usually get to see me in this makeup-free glory.
Want a closer look?

Okay, I'll give you a second to clear that image out of your head. Here, look at a chubby baby.

What? You're still not feeling better? You won't be able to resist this next one. I know you won't, because neither could any of the people who walked by, and asked if they could also take this picture.
Doesn't get any better than that, folks.

Here are my three boys. Sometimes it strikes me as weird that I have three boys. I always thought I was more of a girl-mom.

I am running out of things to say about the remaining pictures, so I will just leave them to you and your imagination. Besides, I have to go get ready to collect my award for "Longest Blog Post Ever".




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, that's some of the cutest photos and blogging humor ever.

Grandpa Jim

PS Congrats to beef-eater Biniam:)

And Sammy and Morgan for earning the biking merit badge.

And Isaiah and Noah for taking a voluntary nap.

And Morgan and Emma for the kayak badge.

And Lucas for making his own photo ops.

Todd said...

I'm questioning that "hamburger" I looked pretty close and saw a lot of bun and not a lot of meat.

Marie said...

Oh Shana, how you make me smile....I love reading your blog, I laugh almost every time! Looks like you all had a fantastic time! I can't believe Biniam ate a hamburger, there's no stopping him now, right? :D What fun to see pictures of the girls together, I bet they both had a blast. I really wish we lived closer so we could join in on the fun....someday. Thanks for sharing the photos! We miss you!!

Shana said...

Todd, I'll have you know that was a full-size, Costco patty. And Biniam ate all of it - his idea. He could have had a chicken brat!

John said...

Nice pictures Shana! It looks like fun. I took fins and goggles up to warm lake in June. That is one cold lake that time of year. I see hats and coats. How cold did it get during those mornings?

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a great looking crew. I loved looking at the pictures & your comments (you have wonderful humor).
Love mom, Barb or Grandma

spoonerbyrd said...

Wow, Awesome is the word, I agree! Your super long post was only missing one thing, and if I were blogging for you, I would have captioned the picture of you "surfing" something like this: "Here is one of Shana rockin' the bikini--check out her super hot bod, buff legs, and toned arms." Love you!!!

spoonerbyrd said...

Oh, and a "shout out" to Biniam for eating the hamburger. woo hoo!

Tepker Law said...

Ditto to all but I especially wanted to Ditto -- "Here is one of Shana rockin' the bikini--check out her super hot bod, buff legs, and toned arms." Don't underestimate how hot you are! Took lots of great work ~ and was all balanced while maintaining Awesome Mom Status!! And you are smokin' hot!! *Love the post!