Thursday, February 08, 2007

Sick and Need Prayers

We're still sick over here. Emma and I both dealt with fevers and achy bodies yesterday, plus she has a nasty cough. Blessedly, Isaiah took two long naps, and there was only one 45 minute stretch before Brian came home where I had two children needing to be held.

I have another prayer request, but first I wanted to acknowledge the incredible prayer support I know I have in my readers here. We could feel all the prayers while we were in Ethiopia, and so many of them were answered! For example, right before we left for Ethiopia we heard that British Airways had planned an imminent strike. Once in Ethiopia, we learned the strike would be the DAY AFTER we got home. Then our flights got delayed, pushing everything out a day. Miraculously, the strike got DELAYED one day also! That is just one example of God being in control of every little detail and answering our prayers.

So, here is my latest prayer need. Tomorrow I am having surgery to remove a nasty cyst from my left ovary. In the past two months it's been monitored, the cyst has grown considerably and is now jeopardizing the ovary. So first of all, I need to be well enough to undergo this operation. Next, please pray for Supernatural guidance over my Doctor and that the ovary will be salvageable.

Thank you for standing in the gap with us.

3 comments:

shelly said...

praying for you and your family!
love your pictures and your story!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you today, especially for your health and Emma's health. I'm praying that Isaiah and Brian will stay healthy and that you and Emma will recover quickly. I am also praying for the hands of the surgeon(s) as they remove your cyst, and then speedy healing for you post-surgery.
God bless you, my friend.
Rachel

owlhaven said...

Praying that all will go well...


Hugs

Mary