Thursday, December 14, 2006

Thinking about adoption?

I know I have readers here, who are in all stages of adoption. Some have already adopted, some are just starting, and I bet there are even some who haven't started, but are getting the tiniest tingle in the pit of their stomach, wondering if maybe, some day, they should adopt.

For me, I always had the desire to adopt *someday*. Then I slowly started to get that tingle, and then one day when I didn't expect it - BAM - I was flooded with emotion and knew that now was absolutely the time for us to adopt.

I hear stories all the time of orphaned children who are available, and who desperately want to find a family. Each one of those stories breaks my heart, and I wish I could do more for those children. Some day, I hope to adopt an older child (or two) or a sibling set. They are always the hardest to find homes for, and spend the longest in orphanages - if they are lucky enough to find a family at all. I know that bringing a baby into our family is the right decision for us right now, but I look forward to the day when we meet our "older" children as well.

This brings me to my next point. I would like to share with you all the latest children who have grabbed my attention.

First, a sibling group of 3 sisters: Mekdes is 15, Meskerem is 12, and Elsa is 9. They are very nice girls but have been passed by for adoption because of their ages and the fact that they are sisters who want to be placed together. It sounds like time is important on this one since the oldest girl is already 15 years old.

Second, a nice girl named Meron, who is 13. She is very nice and really wants a family.

Perhaps you will consider adopting them, or perhaps you know someone who would. At the very least, please keep these precious children - and all the children longing for families - in your prayers.

If you would like more information on these children, or how to find out about other waiting children, feel free to contact me privately at shanawhite78 at hotmail dot com.

No comments: