Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Wondering where we are...

I just heard today about a family who got their referral from our agency yesterday for a baby boy. This family was waiting with the same parameters as us (one or two infants, 24 months or younger), but they have been waiting since January and we have only been waiting since the end of March. I do think this family had to wait longer than normal due to the recent delays (HIV testing and additional paperwork requirements) so hopefully that isn't the new standard.

Anyway, this got me thinking and wondering where we might be on the "list". I know it is probably hard to even know because different families have different parameters (age and health) that they are willing to accept. Regardless, I sent an email off to our agency to see if they could give me an idea. Hopefully I will hear something soon...

No comments: